Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Weight loss doesn’t have to be miserable

Every now and then, you’ll see a really negative post on this sub, somebody who’s frustrated that their extreme measures aren’t paying off, or are too hard to stick to.

There are so many people here maintaining super restrictive diets, whether it’s a fad diet, or just a super low intake. They’re struggling to stick to it but they think there’s no other way.

I just wanted to chime in, and say that weight loss doesn’t have to suck.

I’ve been on a weight loss journey for the past year, and it’s been a pretty passive effort. All I did for the first few months is maintain a very slight deficit, putting me at 1900 calories a day, I lost a great deal of weight doing nothing but this. As time passed, I decided to take lifting up as a hobby and it became an activity that I enjoyed greatly, and allowed me to bump my intake to a maximum of 2500 depending on what else I did that day. (Running every session, physical labor outside of the gym.) while still losing weight.

At my peak I was around 300lbs. Today I weigh 150, which has been maintained as I drop in body fat and increase in lean mass, giving me an overall leaner appearance as time passes.

I’m not hungry, I’m eating all the foods I love, I’m eating socially, I’m not miserable, the activity is fun.

Weight loss doesn’t have to be miserable.

Please, if you’re reading this and you’re struggling. Do some research, talk to some professionals, figure out a system that you feel like you can maintain for life. This doesn’t have to be as hard as you’re making it for yourself. And please, please, please, eat more than 1000 calories a day.

My methods have lead to very slow progress, and that’s okay, because I still got to where I wanted to be. All it took was patience and dedication. As far as active effort is involved, I don’t feel like I ever really had a hard time with all this. It can be like that for you too, you don’t have to do extreme things to lose weight.

submitted by /u/nillerwafer
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3IhipBW

No comments:

Post a Comment