Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Roommate comments about weight loss (small rant)

I'm the type of person who gets uncomfortable when people make comments about things that I do/try to better myself even if they're positive. That being said, there are some things that I do that I keep private because I am trying to avoid those types of comments. Up until recently, the fact that I've been doing CICO and going to the gym a few times a week was something that I kept to myself, even to my roommate.

However, the other day, she saw me portioning out my leftovers into separate plastic containers and she made a comment about how she's never seen me meal prep before. This is something that I've been doing for months and so, for some reason, I decided to also tell her about how I've been trying to lose weight and about how I've been going to the gym. She said two things that I haven't been able to stop thinking about.

  1. "You've never had any issues eating healthy"
  2. "You're not going to turn into a gym rat are you?"

I don't know, maybe I'm just being dramatic, but it sort of hurt that she said those things rather than just being supportive. Honestly a simple, "Oh, nice" would have been more than enough for me. I almost wanted to argue to her about how difficult it's been to actively make lifestyle changes every day. How difficult it is to argue with yourself about whether or not you can make today another cheat day every day. Since May 2021, I gained 20lbs because I graduated college and actually had time to eat (I did school and work full time). I can definitely say, I was not eating healthy then and I can still do better now. Funny enough, I actually decided to go to the gym after this interaction to burn off some steam, so that's good I guess.

I know I'm not the only one who has faced comments like this so if anyone has any tips about how to not let it bother me, that'd be great! Currently trying to fight the slight discouragement lol

submitted by /u/Gauthier0223
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3AsQeNX

No comments:

Post a Comment