Monday, January 24, 2022

This is terrible to say as an adult...but I hate vegetables.

I feel like - this and the desire to get dopamine from food ( I have ADHD) is a major hurdle in long-term weight loss. I have texture and taste issues with most of them.

So, I know you're going to tell me to "try and make them another way" - and this has made some vegetables edible for me, but still not something I'd choose for fun. I literally just eat them because they're healthy, and secretly feel like the meal would be better without them. As Marie Kondo would say...they do not spark joy.

I eat broccoli, cauliflower, beans, peas, lentils, carrots, corn, radishes, avocado...and that's kinda it? Also this gets repetitive...because it means I'll eat, say, broccoli 3 times a week because I don't have much to choose from.

There are vegetables I will literally not touch, and I'll need to sanitize my hands to get the smell off if I do.

I just...don,'t see a way around it.

I'm back on low carb now, which sort of works as it's mostly meat/fish/eggs - but still, even with that, I probably should eat more veg than I do now.

It's not like I'm a teen, either. I'm a grown-ass adult. This is basically my "adult setting".

I do like a lot of fruits, but many of them are sweet, of course.

Vegetables can be great to "fill' yourself...if you eat them, of course.

I can lose weight - but I have always failed at maintaining because I just don't like "healthy" food much. Everyone talks about changing your lifestyle...but, that's kind of the thing where it falls apart for me. I can be disciplined for a long time, but it still feels I'm not eating "nice things" (Even if I'm not hungry, doing a perfectly manageable diet).

I can try eating better, kind of force myself to eat more veg for half a year or whatever...and I still just don't like them much. I'm literally the person who will remove vegetables from my pizza or fish them out of a curry.

And at this point I'm better than when I was a kid - where I basically only ate peas and carrots.

I am currently still on track for losing weight, but I'm wondering what's sustainable long-term.

Has anyone else faced this? What do you even do?

submitted by /u/Kay_Elle
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3IxPJoy

No comments:

Post a Comment