Friday, January 28, 2022

[NSV] 80 days of counting calories at maintenance and eating healthy, 40 days of counting my daily walking steps, 30 days of eating at a deficit, 10 days of a daily average step of 7000 (highest 15K steps!), 1 week of C25K, and 1 week of strength training!!

25F, SW: 103.5kg, CW:101~102kg, GW:70kg

last November, I logged my calories for two weeks and noticed how bad it is: not enough vegetables or exercise despite loving them, I just didn't integrate them into my routine. Also, I used to eat junk food daily, rarely cook, and all my food is from restaurants. My daily calorie intake was +1000 calories over my maintenance!!

logged my calories (and ate at maintenance) for 80 days

ate healthy: more vegetables, nuts, seeds, protein for 80 days

the first habit I added was calorie counting. My goal was to eat at maintenance for the rest of my life. because frankly speaking, staying at my current weight forever is MUCH healthier than continuing to eat +1000 extra calories daily. To do that, I fixed many of my habits along the way. I started cooking at home, eating more vegetables, nuts, seeds, and protein. I kept eating junk daily but limited them to 500 calories only

counted my daily steps for 40 days

Once I counted for 40 days, I decided to exercise as well. Again, my first goal was to stay healthy as maintenance, weight loss comes later! I counted my daily steps to see where I am at for 10 days. Results? I am walking AT MOST 2000 steps a day?????

ate at a deficit for 30 days

Before actually exercising, I decided to lower my calories. To do this, I simply reduced the portion size of breakfast and the junk food snack. My breakfast was cut in half from 700 calories to 350, and my junk food allowance became 200. Lunch was kept as 800 calories. but, I am quite flexible in eating. Sometimes I eat only two meals a day, sometimes only once (and make it huge), sometimes 4 meals. My calorie average was 1583 cal.

walked at least 6,000 steps a day for 10 days, in some days I walked 15,000 steps!!

Once I dieted for 2~3 weeks, I added moving more to my goals. I downloaded a walking app that said a good average to aim for was 6K steps a day. So I did that. To do it, I started going from home to work/shopping on foot. This made my daily average to be 7,000 steps!! I also scored 15,000 steps in one day :D

finished week 1 of C25K and lifted weights for a week

As I said, I like exercising, it's just that when I am not actively trying to, I forget to do it, I (re)started C25K and finished week 1. In addition, I LOVE strength training!! Pre-COVID, I used to lift weights regularly. but gyms now keep closing and opening due to COVID. So I bought dumbbells and a bench to work out at home. I lifted weights 3 times last week!! In total, I exercised 6 times last week (3 for running, and 3 for lifting)

---------------------------

Results? nothing too drastic. I lost 3 lbs so far. I know it doesn't sound like much but I did it!!!!!!! I believe that as long as I feel like my current routine is doable in the long run, it's okay. I am healthier and fitter now as well :) For February, I would like to continue doing what I am doing right now. Although 3 lbs are nothing, if I kept losing 3 lbs each month, I won't be obese anymore by the end of this year!! In comparison, if I stopped my routine and went back to eating like I used to, I will gain over 50lbs.

submitted by /u/gakusha-baka
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://bit.ly/3g66Dyb

No comments:

Post a Comment