Sunday, January 30, 2022

POV: You're Healthier Than Ever But You're Still the Bigger Friend

Does anyone feel like even if though you've successfully lost weight, worked out for the past 2-3 years, and know how to eat healthy, some of your friends won't come to you for advice because you don't look like a fitness influencer? Or do you think they wouldn't come to you as a pride thing? Like, "I'm absolutely not going to stoop so low to ask my bigger friend for advice."

It's highly possible that this is me being self-conscious because I can't read people's minds. But also, years back when I was on Facebook there was this health nut preaching about what nutrition bars aren't really that healthy and looking down on everyone's diet.

I commented that actually, some of them are beneficial and can be a good start for a beginner who is hooked on candy bars. And instead of at least having a convo with me to tell me they disagreed, this guy looked at my profile picture and made some disparaging comment about how my neck looked like. So it's like, I have knowledge from my trials and errors in weight loss. I run, walk, hike, cardio, weight lift, and stopped eating out and my doctor's are impressed with my charts but I'm not super skinny so I feel written off.

submitted by /u/beesontheoffbeat
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Zg9jdCDN3

No comments:

Post a Comment