Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Is there a point to lifting weights when I'm obese?

M27, 6'4"

I've been through weight loss before, went from 380lbs to 195lbs. I gained some of it back because I was depressed and in several very difficult situations at once over 2020-21.

I'm starting again at 260lbs, I am eating at a deficit and running on the treadmill 60-90mins per night. I'm consistently losing weight.

I didn't know this last time, but I've learned that to get the body I want, I need to build muscle to get some shape. However, I also know that losing weight aggressively is not the best time to try and build muscle.

Approaching my 28th birthday, I feel a new stress and pressure to get the body I want as my younger years begin coming to an end - I really want to enjoy being young while I still am. (ie. I'd like to experience being comfortable with my body enough to be able to have sex before I turn 30).

My plan is pretty much to lose weight to my goal of 175lbs, which I'm hoping to hit by the Fall of 2022. Then, I'll transition to lifting weights consistently while eating at a slight surplus to start getting some shape to my body.

Is there any real point to lifting weights now? It makes me so hungry, and I feel it would make keeping my deficit even more difficult.

submitted by /u/FrozenSandwichHater
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3Hi0wTH

No comments:

Post a Comment