Friday, January 14, 2022

Weight loss and the Cold

Hey I have a pretty straightforward question (I think)

First week of January I had a really bad flu (not covid, got tested twice). Probably the worst of my life. I ended up dropping 12lbs during it, from 257 to 245 (I'm 5'10"). I recovered a week ago and have resumed my normal routine of exercise (about 90 minutes of cardio per day, 6 days a week) and dieting (meal prep). During that time my weight has kept within a very tight range of 245.4-247. I've not lost a single pound.

I'm wondering if this is to be expected? Is the weight I lost during my flu unnatural (even artificial) and mostly water or something, and in the past week, my body's been "renormalizing" or something and burning fat calories and that's why I'm staying within that band? Basically, can I expect to continue my steady loss that I've been having (down 50 lbs) starting next week or do I need to change my routine?

I've had extremely steady, week-by-week losses for some time and that flu broke the momentum I had, so it's causing some anxiety. I'm just wondering, based on prior experiences, if and when I can resume my slim down.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/Enough_Option_8211
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3Ke1Vw2

No comments:

Post a Comment