Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Stop lifting to lose weight?

I’ve had a few people so far in the last month tell me to stop lifting heavy and just do cardio in order to lose weight, one of them was a nurse who is on her own weight loss journey. I’m 38/f/68”/170lb and have some fluff (my scale says 28% body fat) I’m hoping to get rid of before the end of April for my Air Force physical fitness test. Running is easier on my joints when I weigh less, only I’ve been stuck at 165-170 since 2015 after a knee injury put me down. I started lifting heavy in 2017 and love it. I have a lot more muscle mass than I used to have, my joints (specifically my knees) feel more stable, but my weight hasn’t changed. Since COVID I’ve added more intentional cardio and yoga to my regime. I’m not so worried about my weight as I am the extra body fat because I’ve been chalking that up to my age/genetics. So technically yes: stopping lifting and upping cardio would cause me to lose weight presumably because I’d lose the hard earned muscle. My question here is: why would multiple people be telling me to stop lifting in order to lose weight? I don’t understand. Thanks!

submitted by /u/mshep002
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3tI2xEu

No comments:

Post a Comment