Thursday, January 20, 2022

Not obese anymore :)

Day 65. Hey ^^

I am so happy since I posted here I really tried to stick to my diet. Read all the helpful tips in this subreddit and a lot of success stories and struggles. It kept me going. Now I am only overweight and I am so so so happy ^^ last I was this weight over 3 years ago. I could button up a "old" jeans (it still is uncomfortable but it boost my determination) :)

Thank you all for letting me take part in your journeys. Now I want to give back some of my experience:

What helped me most was

  • seeing my physician: talked about weight loss, got some bloodworks done and diagnosed with vitamin d deficiency. Now I take supplements and I feel great. For me it really is a big difference. If you feel like a permanently exhausted pigeon maybe get checked
  • Limiting food budget: in the past I just spent what I wanted on food. Now I have a tight budget and the rest (what i would usually spend on food) goes to my travel fund. So I really want to not overspend and this limits how often I can eat out or takeaway. So I buy more groceries and cook more myself bc it is simply cheaper -> and much healthier
  • Track my cal intake: for me it was very unconfortable and stressfull to stick to a daily cal goal. I could not meet it most of the time so I decided to switch to a weekly cal goal. I still count on a daily basis but it does not matter if I eat 1000 or 3000 cal as long as I reach my weekly cal deficit. And it works for me - with ease
  • Nothing is forbidden: do you know the pink elefant? ;) As soon as I wanted to ban something from my diet the more i wanted it. And the more it was a mental struggle to not think about it. Now nothing is forbidden. I can go to whatever fast food branch I want and eat what I want. but you know what? last time I was 8 days ago and I do not crave for any at all atm.

It was not easy all the time and I still hate exercising.

Keep struggeling and sharing your stories! It keeps me (and probably others too) going!

submitted by /u/Soggy-Strawberry-474
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3Kuf84d

No comments:

Post a Comment