Wednesday, January 19, 2022

I want to help my mom

hello everyone, long time lurker here.

for context, I have recently lost ~40lbs and have switched to more healthy eating and fitness after moving out of my mom’s house. it was a very natural switch for me even though I was raised on fast food, junk, and normalization of binge eating.

I don’t necessarily think my mom is a binge eater. she just doesn’t care about her health and what she’s eating and has recently been diagnosed with diabetes. she continues to eat sugary and junk food anyway. she is very obese and it’s causing health problems and i am very worried about her. i was obese until i moved out because just living with her meant there would be no healthy food in the house. (i am very short so 40lbs has put me from low end of obese to about 23 bmi, im by no means done with my fitness journey)

recently she has recognized her need to lose weight, and noticing my own weight loss, asked me for help. i have tried giving her advice, and she’s taken to counting calories, but for whatever reason the app recommended her 1200 calories, and she wouldn’t listen to me when I said that’s too low. she exceeds this total every day, eating fast food and relapsing instead of ever even trying to eat healthy. i dont comment when she does this, because i know that she knows and it’s rude and discouraging.

how do i help my mom? im so worried. i just dont know if she can even recover. does anyone have experience with this, or began their weight loss journey at 45-60 years old?

submitted by /u/coffeeroleplays
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/33QiFcn

No comments:

Post a Comment