Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Anyone here struggling to lose weight with Hashimoto’s or Hypothyroid?

I’m 22 F and have been diagnosed with hashimotos since I was 12. I pretty much know the ins and outs of this disease and how it impacts my body. I’m medicated and check in with my endocrinologist every 6 months. Everything looks “optimal” but at the end of the day, losing weight with this disease is so fucking hard no matter what.

The only times I’ve been able to lose any substantial weight was when I was running 5-7 miles a day along with walking an extra 4 miles. I would also only eat around 1300-1400 calories (as a 5’11 woman). This is so exhausting but if I don’t do this, I typically gain weight super quickly.

Anyways, I’m up an extra 20 pounds and I’m currently working at shedding it off. I refuse to partake in the hellish routine that I described before, but I’m scared I’ll only be able to lose 5 pounds and then plateau with a normal weight loss plan. Is anyone else struggling with this? It’s like no matter how active I am or how little I eat, weight loss is still so hard. Anyone have any tips that helped them? Does going gluten free help?

submitted by /u/nostalgicshadows
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3KRFWvw

No comments:

Post a Comment