Wednesday, January 12, 2022

How do you pick a target weight?

My stats are 35 years old, F, 5’3”, SW: 143, CW: 123.

I’ve been going through the weight loss journey for a bit over 3 months now, averaging ~1.2lbs per week and just hit 20lbs lost today! As a lurker, I’ve found this community extremely helpful, especially with the mental game. The key pieces of advice I got from here are (1) focusing on “volume eating”, ie eating lots of non-calories dense food and (2) daily weight tracking but not getting caught up in the occasional upswings (3) taking a sustainable long term approach - if I’m hungry, I eat.

However one thing that I’ve been struggling with is picking a good target weight stopping point. I always assumed that as I got closer, I’d just pick whatever looks good. But now that I’m just 16 lbs from the bottom of the healthy weight band, I’m having trouble making the call on a particular number and feeling a slight bit of body dysmorphia - some days I look in the mirror and feel that I look great, other days I feel like there’s still a ways to go. Any advice on this front? I think it’s worth mentioning that for the next stage, I’m planning to do a very slow lean bulk, focusing on weight training to build up some muscle mass.

submitted by /u/52weeksofavocado
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3tlPY1u

No comments:

Post a Comment