Saturday, January 22, 2022

NSV - Someone called me “fit” today

I was on a really intense walk/hike uphill today and felt like I was dying. Some of the most fit-looking people on the trail also looked they were dying - the trail makes your legs feel like jelly about halfway through.

But I kept pushing and was able to make it to the top. I even felt good enough to go back up the hill, using a much easier alternative route, and these girls who looked very similar to me stopped me. They said, “You’re so fit!”

I thought it was a joke at first, and told them they might have mistaken me for someone else. They said no, we saw you walk up the hill and you passed us so many times.

I said thank you, and that was basically the end of the conversation, but I don’t think they know how much that comment means to me. Or maybe they did, and knew it would brighten my day. Either way, I’ll take the compliment.

I haven’t exercised in a long time (WFH problems, amiright?) but a friend invited me on this walk and I am so glad I went. I don’t know if anyone, ever, in my whole life has called me fit. I certainly don’t look it, but do consider myself to have good stamina/endurance for someone who almost never works out and is of my size. For reference, I’m a 5’1 female and a size ~14 US in jeans. My GW is around a size 8.

I just want those girls, and others, to know how encouraging it is to call someone fit even when they might not look like it. The positive encouragement is motivating me to maybe go on another walk this week.

In addition to starting to count calories (never done that before in my life until the last few weeks) and doing some exercise here and there, I feel like I can reach my weight loss goals.

Today felt like a NSV and I just wanted to share!

submitted by /u/savvvie
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3nRyruq

No comments:

Post a Comment