Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Every time I reach a new lowest number, I seem to immediately bounce back up 2-3 pounds the next day or two and then it takes 1-2 weeks to get back to that new low. Very frustrating

My weight loss is slow and steady, I'm at 22 lost (max) with average of 20 lost over the last 9 months. My frustration is that every time I reach a new lowest scale number, the next day it winds up bouncing up 2-3 pounds and that is very demoralizing and frustrating, making me question my process and choices. I wind up eventually getting back to that low, but it's often very slow, like .2 pounds every couple days, or 1 pound a week type thing--and that doesn't feel like actual progress as it's just getting back to that new low again. I suspect this is water weight as I really like salty food and I'm not great about keeping as hydrated as I should.

I've been stalled out/plateau-d at 20/21 pounds lost for 2 months now and just started adding exercise to the mix and am tightening up the food side. I am seeing NSV like clothing getting looser and seeing a more defined face, so that helps.

Any tips in terms of more the emotional side of this--when I reach a new low I get a big surge of motivation but seeing that number bounce up 2-3 pounds over the next two days makes me feel like "why bother?"

submitted by /u/Chazzyphant
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Wn1wB6g

No comments:

Post a Comment