Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Never say Never!

One thing I have learnt in my continuous unsuccessful weight loss journey is that ,one day I'm eating junk food and all type of unhealthy things then I say that today is the last day I'm ever going to eat this and then from tomorrow my journey starts and then I am never going to eat it.

But that tomorrow never comes and I end up eating more than enough cuz today is the last day I'm ever going to eat that so I should eat my fill. Then that one day of eating becomes a week and somehow you have gained 3 kgs in last week but you don't know how because you were stopping and restricting everyday.

But then you realize that it's probably because of your late night junk food binges when you succeeded in stopping yourself all day but at night you couldn't control any more and ate enough calories to last days and now you look like a balloon and you can't look at your face anymore and you're sad and then you need to be happy. So, let's be happy and order more junk food! Yay!!!

Cuz that's the only thing that makes you happy other than that you are depressed because you have thousand unaccomplished goals and thousand things you don't like about yourself and the only thing that ever makes you happy is junk food and sugar but you forget that after eating it you becomes more sad and depressed than you were before because there was no need to eat that much, your body didn't even want it, you could have survived without this but now you don't know anymore because no matter what you do, you aren't losing weight and you have become insecure to the point you don't even want to get out of the house.

People are inviting you but can't give them a reason cuz saying that you can't come because you don't want to face people, you don't want to answer their questions about how did you gained that much weight?? What happened to you?? So you make excuses and their comes a time when people stop inviting you because they know that no matter what happens you aren't going to come out of your house cuz you are waiting to lose all your weight before going out.

But you don't have any friends anymore because you haven't seen them in years. You cancelled their invites. Never went to dinners and parties. so what can they do. They can't chain you and drag you out of your house so they leave you with the hope that one day you will come to them but you don't have any hope. You aren't sure if that day is ever going to come or not!!!

So, this is a vicious cycle and all this started because you said NEVER! So rather than telling yourself that you aren't never gonna eat it again tell yourself that , " Today isn't the last day I am going to eat it. "

If I am on a low carb diet I am going to eat it after I have lost a few pounds. If I am having cheat days I'm going to eat it on my cheat day. I'm going to eat it!!! If I am allowing myself to eat everything but in moderate amount then I can eat it half today and half tomorrow. I can eat it whenever I want!!

And now you have this mindset that you can eat your favourite foods. No one is stopping you. You are feeling a bit light. You have a tiniest glow on your face. You can walk without any pain. And now you are a little bit happy. You are not becoming depressed day by day anymore. You can fulfill you other tasks without thinking about your weight or food anymore.

And one day you step on a scale and What?!! You are a few pounds lighter. It's not much but you are happy nonetheless and you are happy so you decide to go out. You call your friends and make plans. You go to your wardrobe, pull out a dress that you bought a few years ago but never got to wear it but WOW!! It fits you amazingly. You go out but don't eat like crazy because you can eat it again next time.

Months pass and now you don't find it difficult to follow a routine. It has become a habit. You love it . You have forgotten about checking your everyday. You do it whenever you feel like it. Now people are paying you compliments. You thank them but you are not so sure.

You are glowing cuz you are more healthy now so you decide to step on a scale and WHAT?!!?! How did it happen? Your current weight is your goal weight??! After a few seconds you realize that yes!! You have accomplished your goal. You are happy. Life has never been so beautiful. You are finding joy in little things. But you still have to maintain it but that's okay. You can do it!! You believe in yourself!!!

And all this happened because you acted upon the words ,

 " Never say Never!!! " 
submitted by /u/PsychologicalRun289
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/lS4Cc6v

No comments:

Post a Comment