Monday, June 6, 2022

Pushing through the urge to eat my emotions

As is probably the case for a lot of people here, I've struggled with using food to regulate my emotions for a lot of my life. Most days since I started my weight loss journey I feel fine and it seems manageable. But then something sad or stressful happens, and with that comes the urge to go back to old eating habits. I'll completely lose my sense of appetite and feel the same amount of hungry regardless of what I eat. I'll only notice I'm full if I'm very physically full (as in I can feel my stomach being full). I'll only notice I'm hungry if I'm tired and dizzy. It would almost always lead to me overeating in the past (or sometimes undereating followed by overeating when I eventually get my appetite back).

Today and the last few days have been like that. And normally I would just go straight for the sweets and other high calorie foods. But I just ate at maintenance of some healthy foods and just felt my emotions instead of eating them, even though it has been very difficult.

I just wanted to share because I'm proud of not slipping too far back into old habits, even on a bad day.

submitted by /u/perpetuallyconfused7
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/7T4smzZ

No comments:

Post a Comment