Monday, April 3, 2023

"Accidentally" lost almost 25 lbs after drastically cutting sugar

I've dealt with binge eating since I was a young child. Even if weight wasn't a factor, binge eating sucks and causes me a lot of distress. It's taken years to quit and it's been a long time since I could consume the mega-binges that I used to (like entire pizzas plus candy and chips and more in a single sitting). Even without huge binges, I knew I needed to tweak my habits more. I've been working on avoiding/practically eliminating hyper-processed foods.

While my sugar intake has been lower than the average person's for many years, I still worked to eat less added sugar. Doing so started to reduce my sweet tooth and change my tastebuds. Over the past few months I aimed to keep added sugar to 25 g or less per day (the amount recommended by the American Heart Association). Now I have about a teaspoon of honey most days and a few squares of dark chocolate. My weed edibles add a few grams of sugar, and I'm looking to find a lower-sugar product for my CBD/THC (suggestions welcome!). I consume other sweets rarely and usually only have a craving for something like ice cream in the few days before my period, but now I'm satisfied with a few spoonfuls, not a pint at a time like I used to.

I noticed my clothes were a little looser, so I stepped on the scale a few weeks ago to find I'd lost almost 25 lbs since I last weighed myself about 3 months prior. I've had a lot of reduction in joint pain, too, that can't just be attributed to the weight loss since I've dealt with pain at all weights since young childhood. I wouldn't have honestly thought that sugar made that big of a difference with joint pain, but it really seems like it's directly related for me.

I do not eat some perfect "clean" diet. In fact, one of the changes I needed to make was to eat less fibrous produce as my habit of "volume eating" veggies upset my stomach--now I eat a more reasonable amount of produce (about 5-7 servings of veggies/fruits each day). I eat 3 vegetarian meals a day--including whole grains and beans/legumes--with no snacks. This isn't because I'm aiming to be regimented, but rather this is what my digestive tract can handle and what makes me feel best.

I won't be setting a goal weight and I don't know how much weight I will lose. But regardless of future outcomes, less sugar has made an enormous difference and I don't miss it at all.

submitted by /u/Mammoth-Entrance-300
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/wi08YlP

No comments:

Post a Comment