Thursday, April 6, 2023

My sister is 330lbs, after 3 weeks on 1000-1200 calories. Weighed in, and she just feels defeated.

My sister is 30, and 330lbs, out of frustration with her weight came to live with me to test if there was something wrong with her ability to lose weight, she put herself on a strict very low calorie diet, never going above 1200 cals.

The way she controlled it was to eat things like yoghurt that come in set amounts so she couldn't add anything or have too much. I bought all her meals, I live far from the stores, and she doesn't drive so couldn't have snuck extra food.

I walked with her and made sure she got 10,000 steps a day. After the first 2 weeks she had lost 7lbs. She was pleased, but also thought it would have been a bit more being 300lbs+

Its week 3 and she weighed in today, and she's back up 7lbs. We both don't get it. She's now very disheartened and incredibly frustrated.

I have tried to help her and think of ways to why her weight has gone back up.

Sorry if TMI, She's on the first day of her period. So I thought maybe water retention? She also started to add weight lifting I to her weight loss plan this week, so maybe rention from that too? And the last thing I can think of is that she had alcohol last night to a family event. Nothing crazy, just 2 drinks of single measure straight spirits with 0 cal mixer. So water retention there?

Would any of this account for the sudden gain when working hard?

Would love your help. She's so crushed, I dont want this to stop her. I want to see her live a happy life, and being stuck at this weight after trying so hard has been a huge blow.

submitted by /u/basicworries
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/61M7Vbp

No comments:

Post a Comment