Sunday, April 2, 2023

This time around, I feel like I’m a little more compassionate toward myself. I feel kind of bad about it?

So the last time I lost a good deal of weight, I was just finishing up my senior year of college. I started at around 212 give or take and got down to 168, which is still pretty overweight for someone short like me, but it was the most successful I had ever been weight loss wise.

To make a long story short, life happened. I eventually fell off the wagon, and gained the weight back—and then some.

But I remember the whole time I was losing the weight, I was pretty brutal to myself about it. If I went over my calories for the day, I would berate myself for being a fat pig with no discipline.

Well, this time around, I feel like I’m able to accept slip ups as slip ups. Like yesterday I “messed up” and had a borderline binge day (definitely ate more than 2000 calories at the very least). But I was able to just shrug it off as something that happened and start fresh today.

It makes me worry that I’m not being “hard” enough on myself. But at the same time, I feel like I’ve bounced back into it ok. That was my first real bad day in a while.

How have you dealt with those days?

submitted by /u/HummingbirdsAllegory
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/y3Sxlan

No comments:

Post a Comment