Saturday, May 20, 2023

19f and 32 pds down!

For some context, at my highest weight I was 244 pounds (5’7).

I’ve been lurking for a minute and I just wanted to provide some “inspiration” that might help someone who’s been like me. Since I was around 11, I’ve been the bigger girl, both chunky and a bit taller, and was always jumping from one diet to the next. “Military” diet, keto, paleo, gluten free, vegan, pescatarian, anything in the book really. But the common theme was always hunger and pain. Sometimes I’d lose some weight, but I’d always gain it all back and then some.

It was only in February of this year that I realized that weight loss doesn’t have to mean suffering, and I’ve lost 32 pounds since February 7th. I honor my cravings and there is no one food that I don’t allow myself to have.

I eat fajitas and McDonald’s ALL the time, the only key difference between now and my childhood obesity is that I have a slight calorie deficit.

To sustain the weight I am now, 212 pounds, I’d have to eat 1700 calories, but to lose weight like I have been, I eat in the range of 1270-1350.

By eating this amount, I lose around 1.5 to 2 pounds a week, which may seem slow if you’ve gotten used to stupid ass ed mindsets, but it’s actually a very healthy and sustainable way to not only lose weight- but also be happy.

All my life I’ve looked in the mirror with a frown, and was always talking shit to myself for never having the courage or the strength to force myself to suffer so I could be beautiful. But now when I look in the mirror, I not only am beginning to see what my mature face looks like slim, but am also able to see my perseverance and a determination I had never been able to achieve.

My ultimate goal is to be 160-170 pounds, but I never understood how close within reach it could be for someone who was so “lazy” and “weak minded”.

TLDR; weight loss isn’t suffering, all you need a slight HEALTHY calorie deficit to achieve a lifestyle you’ve always dreamed of.

submitted by /u/Peeweefanclub
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/QH9udX1

No comments:

Post a Comment