Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Loose Skin - am I doing it wrong?

Hi all! I'm a 29 year old female, 5'5", and I've been losing weight since October 2021. Since my starting weight of 315 lbs I have lost about 140 lbs and currently weigh around 175 lbs. I am still overweight and my ultimate goal is to get around 145ish, shooting for between 1 to 1.5lbs lost per week.

I'm already dealing with significant loose skin. The skin hanging from my inner bicep is wider than my bicep itself, and my inner thighs droop in a way that almost looks like they're rolling in on themselves. Don't even get me started on what my chest area is doing, haha.

The consensus about loose skin seems to be that it's mainly a result of losing weight very quickly, and that over time the loose skin firms back up. I know skin gets less elastic with age too.

I guess my questions are: 1. Am I losing weight too fast? Is 1.5lbs a week too much for my skin to keep up with?

  1. For others who had problems with loose skin after weight loss, did it eventually improve over the years as your skin had time to adjust?

  2. Am I old enough that my skin would be less elastic? Oh jeez... I'm only 29!

Thanks for reading, and thank you to anyone who shares their perspective!

submitted by /u/tzelli
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Lj0qQh8

No comments:

Post a Comment