Sunday, May 28, 2023

Wanting to lose weight again

25F | 5'4 | SW: 150 | GW: 120

I started my actual weight loss journey when I was 19 and weighed 198 pounds. I'd been overweight ever since I was a child but once I learned about calories and nutrition, I was able to go down to 142 pounds. This took about two years after which I started maintaining my weight because I didn't seem to be able to stick to a low-calorie diet anymore. I started having binging / ED tendencies, so I figured I was better off eating at maintenance instead of obsessing over weight loss and every single calorie consumed.

I started at university last autumn. I guess all the partying and drinking, and not really putting much effort into eating healthy, has caused my weight to slowly go up to 150 pounds. I'm not too upset about gaining only about 8 pounds but it's definitely a worrying trend that I'd like to tackle.

I have been thinking about going back to calorie counting but due to my kind of perfectionist nature, I'm leaning toward a 1200-calorie diet. I know that realistically this might not be a smart idea because of my ED tendencies, but I feel like my weight loss would be too "slow" if I were to eat, say, 1500 calories a day (because my TDEE is about 1730). I'm also taking long walks every day and I can sometimes walk even up to 3 hours a day. I have been thinking about starting swimming but I'm not entirely sure how effective that is in burning calories and how I could even track calories burned while swimming (and I am also very much a beginner swimmer).

I guess what I'm looking for is advice on how I can realistically lose weight while having these binging tendencies. Should I be eating more than 1200 calories and how much exercise should I be doing daily in order for my weight loss to be effective? I'd appreciate any other advice regarding weight loss / diet as well. Thanks!

submitted by /u/annieweightloss
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/pItYBGj

No comments:

Post a Comment