Tuesday, May 16, 2023

I'm in the midst of a mild weight loss plateau after consistently losing weight for the past 4+ months. How do you keep yourself out of your own head when you run into stumbling blocks?

39M 6'4" SW:342 CW:278 GW:210 Desk Job but building in some fitness routine

Lurking in this sub for awhile now and feel like I could use some advice/motivation.

I was in the midst of a weight loss process (40+lbs lost) two years or so ago before I ran into a life hurdle. I developed a series of medical issues that culminated in a Crohn's diagnosis. This threw me for a loop, my weight loss stagnated and I gave up. I ended up putting on every last one of those lbs back on over the following year as we struggled to get the Crohn's under control.

I finally decided at the start of this year that I needed to get my life in order and set a goal to get healthier before I hit 40 in December. I specifically didn't set any specific goal weight, just wanted to build a healthier life for myself.

Weight loss has been progressing steadily with a combination of calorie counting, exercise, and Wegovy. But now, over the past few weeks, my weight loss has screeched to a halt and is even starting to creep back up, despite no changes in how I'm managing calorie intake, fitness, etc. I find myself catastrophizing and worrying that this is the setback that will cascade into a bounce back to bad habits and weight gain.

How do you all keep consistent in the face of minor/major setbacks?

submitted by /u/erschmid83
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/bPX19SW

No comments:

Post a Comment