Monday, May 29, 2023

Started metformin and spironolactone for pcos. I'm 32.8 bmi and 5'3". I really want to lose weight, how can I get the best results with these meds? What lifestyle changes would propel the weight loss?

I'm struggling to feel good about my body. I feel like I am built like a truck. I'm 5'3" and 185 pounds. I'm miserable when I see myself in mirrors. I was 150 ish which made me feel overweight already...but then I had a pregnancy in 2021 followed by a miscarriage and had gone up to 189 lbs during that. Then I kind of spiral and went up to 197. I'm trying my best to exercise and eat less. Honestly I feel like I'm using food as a coping mechanism for my mental issues. I have bipolar and general anxiety as well as pcos. I'm super excited because my doctor prescribed me metformin and spironolactone and my appetite which was usually really ravenous with intense hunger queues has seemed to go down a bit. However, when I get bored or uncomfortable for any reason I start to snack. I eat a meal then because my mouth liked the experience, I keep eating. It usually happens at night.

I have heard metformin and spironolactone can help people with pcos lose weight, but I'd like to know what I can do to help that along. Mentally, I fixate on food. I used to have an eating disorder and was 107 lbs. I constantly thought about food and that's stuck with me for the last 12 years. Now because I don't indulge in the starvation habits I seem to have done a 180° turn and instead overindulge and binge.

Physically, I exercise seldom but at least once a week I'll try to go on a walk or a hike with my husband and our dog. I know that's a pitifully small amount of movement. I just have no energy most of the time. Maybe I'm truly lazy. I work remotely so I don't need to commute or walk around an office, which means even less movement. I used to walk for hours every day but I was assaulted in public and have become very agoraphobic I fear.

Diet wise, I eat lost of processed foods and sugar. It's miserable but I believe I am addicted at this point.

submitted by /u/allothemothsinmyarms
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/mrgkvWR

No comments:

Post a Comment