Friday, May 26, 2023

Visualizing the Weight I’ve Lost as Extra Luggage

23F 5’8” SW: 210.0 lbs CW: 163.0 lbs

I’m traveling back home today to see my family for the first time since last October, and the last time they saw me I was right at 200 lbs. One of my goals has been to get to a healthy BMI in time for this trip, and as of this morning my BMI was 24.8. I know it’s an arbitrary bench-marker, but I’m proud of going from obese to “healthy” over the past six months.

I knew I had hit my goal, but the most surreal moment of all came when I was packing my suitcase. Since I don’t have one of those luggage weighing tools, I have to resort to holding my bag on the scale to make sure that I’m not over the 40 lbs weight limit. And when I stood on the scale, holding my completely stuffed suitcase, I looked down and saw the number 196 lbs.

I weigh less today, while holding my suitcase, than I did this time six months ago. That suitcase is heavy - I’m an efficient packer - it caused some strain for my back and arms carrying it around. I used to carry more than that around with me every single day…

Visualizing my weight loss like that was just really surreal for me…

submitted by /u/galaxysoccergirl1499
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/6FLApeu

No comments:

Post a Comment