Saturday, May 27, 2023

Stuck at 150 pounds and frustrated

Haven't made weight loss progress in nearly a year. I know it's as "simple" as eating in a calorie deficit, but I'm also trying to tone with exercise not just lose weight. For context, at my heaviest I was 167 pounds (I'm just shy of 5'3". I'm currently at 150 pounds.) I lost the first 10 pounds by stopping drinking soda and following a keto diet for a couple weeks. While I found great success with that diet I found it too restrictive and horrible for my mental health. That was at least 2 years ago, I've been able to whittle away a few more pounds and maintain keeping the weight off by staying moderately active. I got at least 10k steps five days a week at work and worked out for 30 min-1hour or so 2-3 times a week. (Mostly Emkfit's HIIT's but sometimes weights with friends)

Since January I've started doing one upper body day, one lower body day, and I toggle between full body or a HIIT workout (I did Emkfit's flex weight program from Jan-March which was around 45min-1hr of weightlifting 3x a week) but I'm currently just picking one of her videos that pertains to what I want to workout that day. So it ends up being 30-40min 2-3 a week. I've also been really working on getting enough water. Started this year with 80 ounces a day, I'm now drinking 95+ ounces consistently. And the past couple weeks I've been working on getting more steps on my days off (at least 5k instead of being sedimentary) I still get 10k+ steps on the days I work.

Any tips/advice, favorite low cal recipes/snacks are appreciated. And thanks for reading/replying to this long rambling post, but I really am trying. And while I do over all look a little leaner, and I know a pound of muscle looks better than a pound of fat I'm frustrated. I don't mind being 150 pounds so much as I do looking like I'm shaped like the Grinch.

submitted by /u/Daisy_pug
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/7vOsm3o

No comments:

Post a Comment