Sunday, May 28, 2023

Allowing Myself to Eat at Maintenance

I'm still in the very early stages of my weight loss journey, I'm about a week in (on this go around anyway lol). I started around 293 and am sitting at 287 as of this morning. In the past, if I ate over my calorie budget I'd say screw it, and eat anything and everything I wanted, and that would be that. The past couple of days I've been ravenous, thanks to PMS symptoms, and I held strong yesterday. But today, I decided to give myself some grace and am eating at maintenance instead of completely blowing my diet out of the water. It feels awesome to be in the state of mind where I know I'll be back on track after this because I'm not beating myself up over it. Looking at it as a life style change and learning to compromise with myself in a healthy and sustainable way is totally new for me, and it feels really good! I know everyone's journey is different, and a small part of me wishes I could be more disciplined, but for me this is more constraint than I've ever shown with a diet so I'm okay with it as of now.

submitted by /u/RunaFS91
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/xwmCTWD

No comments:

Post a Comment