Tuesday, May 30, 2023

I’m 340lbs yet my parents are sabotaging my weight loss, advice please :)

Hi so it’s as the title says, tips or advice is really needed. Also this might get really rambly sorry, haven’t had the chance to vent this out yet!

I’m 21F and Mexican which is relevant here as Mexican parents are .. something else entirely. I also currently live in England idk if that’s relevant though! I’m 344lbs and 5’3

I’ve always been obese and had terrible eating habits ever since I was young to be honest, along with everyone else in my family. In my household the plates are always overfilled and it is very normal to grab seconds or thirds of food and eat until stuffed, sometimes even more than that and it’s normal to eat until you throw up too (happens rarely though). It shows as a sign of love for the person that made it, and people just laugh this kinda stuff off. A large part of my obesity is down to me and my love for fast food too i will not lie but i think my parents also played a large part

I’ve been wanting to lose weight over the past month and I brought it up to my parents last month too, and they seemed supportive and now I’m realising that they really aren’t. Like I tried making my own portions of food or not accepting some of their snacks or chocolate and now they’re seeing it as me not accepting their love for me, and my dad keeps snapping at me and it’s made my mom cry. They’re telling my family that I’ve turned into someone with an eating disorder too 😐😐

I have a part time job as I’m a student but I still live with my parents and it’s like a “my house my rules” thing, I absolutely cannot afford to move out right now either

And i will admit that I also contribute and I eat too much fast food per week and I don’t get enough exercise and I pretty much drive everywhere tbh all of that kind of thing. I’m trying to cut down on it now but it’s hard and I feel like it’s so much easier to just go back to the food especially when my parents support that. Like is this really worth it at all I guess ?

But I don’t like being this weight either of course. Nobody in my courses takes me seriously and i’ve never had a boyfriend because of my weight either, I have a few friends but it’s obvious I’m an outcast even now 🥲And physically is even worse I think, I have incredibly bad joint pain and I don’t know if it’s solely because of my weight but I feel like it’s always affecting me. It’s mostly my knees and some days I can barely get out of bed, or walk or take the stairs. It’s such an embarrassment and I’m embarrassed that I’m even at this weight posting about this here but whatever

I don’t know, I guess Im looking for advice on how to deal with my parents but also the changes I can make myself without them noticing ? I also need advice on how to keep up with motivation , like I know being an average weight will help me a lot and I don’t want to be this weight but also if I’ve had a bad day then fast food just seems more rewarding in the moment and I can deal with the consequences later if you know what I mean

submitted by /u/Kindly-Present8992
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Yky8udo

No comments:

Post a Comment