Sunday, May 21, 2023

Going to the gym for a 300lb, 47 male - where to start ?

Hi

I am male, 47 and around 300lb from the UK. i have been this size for all of my life since my early 20s. I never really go up or down. 320lb is the biggest i have been. As i got older it started to effect my day to day life.

I started swimming back in 2018 and do around 1km a day in 24mins pretty much 6 days a week. I have seen my fitness increase but not really weight loss. I used to swim competitively in my teens before quitting and putting on the weight.

I think its time i try and get into the gym and do some uphill walking but also some weight training. I do go for walks generally but since lockdown i work from home and so hard to get my 10,0000 steps in. At weekends i go for long walks. Around where i live is not great for walking - so gym is best option. At the age i am now - really dont care what others think so thats not an issue :)

i have no idea where to start at the age / weight i am. Anyone else been down this road ? What has stopped me in the past is damging myself as i am not so young anymore. I want to start slow and i will do it every day - what wont work is doing something crazy and injuring myself.

I dont really eat much these days due to IBS issues - so thankfully the reason i dont really put weight on either. I could eat more veg / fruit, but i dont really eat junk food due to the IBS.

Thanks for any advice.

submitted by /u/spacefox638
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/OAgZFX6

No comments:

Post a Comment