Sunday, May 28, 2023

People who have slowly gotten to their GW: realistically how hard was it in retrospect?

5’1 F HW: 204 CW: 186 GW: 140

I can’t tell if I am underestimating this journey.

I lost that first chunk of weight just by doing very casual CICO and going on walks. Gave up for a few months unfortunately but 2 weeks ago I decided to join a gym and consistently track my calories again (between 1600-1800).

I’m feeling pretty good. The reduced calories are a challenge for a binger like me but I don’t feel like I’m starving. My workouts are usually 20-30 mins moderate cardio followed by various strength training plans that I find on Tik Tok. They make me sweat and I sure do get sore but I’m not miserable or dying or spending 2 hours at the gym. I’ve been going 3-4 times a week.

I got a bit discouraged today after meeting with a personal trainer and she told me that I should be trying to lose 80lbs instead. I then doom scrolled weight loss tik tok and found people consistently boasting a routine of 1300 calories a day with 2 hours every single day at the gym and it made me very stressed out.

I guess what I’m asking is …. is it ok to approach this in the casual way that I have been? Or am I simply just dropping water weight and this isn’t nearly enough work to get to my goal weight?

TLDR: Casual, slow/steady weight loss. Is it realistic?

submitted by /u/Terrible_Tea_5953
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/ojGBsd7

No comments:

Post a Comment