Monday, May 29, 2023

first post here! first month on phentermine!

hi I thought I’d finally officially join instead of lurking and post about my progress so far!

I started at 220 and today I hit 210 I am 22f and am 5 foot 2

weight gain: my weight gain came mostly from when I got very sick a few years ago and got put on steroids. I was 173 and I gained up to 190. Last year I got diagnosed with gastrparesis and was down almost to my original weight because of how sick I was. I was put on zyprexa and that’s when I gained up to 220 and I haven’t been able to lose it, that has been attributed to my bad eating habits. I was doing OMAD and I ruined my metabolism completely. after zyprexa I was around 200 but since then because of how little I’ve been eating I have gained weight. I did have bad eating habits but I think I blamed myself too much. When I would eat a regular amount a day I would blame myself and say I binged. Eating normally or even past what I needed to maintain my weight just slowly piled up.

phentermine: I got put on this a month ago! I saw a weight loss doctor. I was having really bad adhd symptoms at the time and mentioned it and she suggested starting with phentermine at half a dose and then I could up it. First week I didn’t lose much and I felt horrible. I had to talked to my dietician and my main goal those first weeks was just trying to eat three meals a day and not skip meals. Two weeks ago I had a busy few days and didn’t eat well as in I did not eat enough and I gained. I decided to monitor my calories and that has pushed my weight loss further! I need 1,8k calories to maintain my weight. I have a goal of 1.2k calories a day. Its been weird I don’t eat junk food anymore and I’m hoping to maintain that relationship.

Last night I ate over my limit and ate potato chips I was so angry after!! But this morning I could just feel a difference in my stomach as in I felt smaller. I weighed myself and I had hit 10 pounds loss. Which makes no sense to me!

exercise: I am very sedentary that’s why I did the 1.2k I am also a woman and am 5 foot 2 i am 22 years old. I have POTS, FSGS, and because of this I have a horrible heat intolerance. I’ve been staying in so far this summer I wish I could go out and walk but I can’t. We have a treadmill and I pushed myself too hard a few days ago (I walked briskly for an hour) I am gonna maybe try and do 20-30 mins every other day but I also am always fatigued and tired from my disease and the deficit doesn’t help.

I am vegetarian, I was restricting junk food hard if I am not hungry for a meal I make myself drink an ensure protein max. It also helps if I’m feeling sick from nausea. My fave snack lately is pretzels and cheese cubes, cause it’s good protein. I also snack on pineapple and cherries. I was very down about all the high calorie food we have in America so I need to stop avoiding foods out of fear of being unhealthy. I don’t eat fast food anymore and only drink water about 3-4 liters a day

I hope that in posting this I will hold myself accountable. If you have any meal or snack ideas please let me know! I am working with a dietician! I am just hard on myself lately

submitted by /u/k1ndbutnotsoft
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/E2i0qZd

No comments:

Post a Comment