Friday, May 26, 2023

I'm so irritated at my scale at home. I don't think it's giving me an accurate reading.

To give context, I'm a 26M, SW: 379.8, CW: 343.6 (I think) that has been doing weight loss for almost 5 months now. My doctor has recommended a strict 1,600 calorie allowance for a calorie deficit and it was going well up until recently.

I'm very irritated and frustrated at my scale as of lately. Since last week, I have been worried that I was reaching a plateau (and part of me still is worried I'm getting close to one).

I weighed in at 344.0 on Friday of last week, the same weight as the week prior. I thought I was reaching a plateau as I have been counting calories and haven't been surpassing my daily allowance. The next day, I weigh myself and it says I'm at 340 pounds. I believed that is the accurate weight, but then I started to have trust issues with my scale.

This morning, I woke up and weighed myself. This time, I decided to experiment and try with different places in my house. I only counted times when the weight showed up twice. First the bathroom. It gave me readings as low as 327.0 and as high as 347.8 pounds. Then, I weighed in the kitchen. It gave me 343.6 and 346.0 pounds. This isn't even the times my scale wouldn't even measure correctly and

I'm so frustrated with my readings lately. I'm not sure what the problem is. Is it that the trailer I'm currently living in is unlevel in some areas? Do I have poor balance that could be affecting the scales? Is my scale not a good and accurate one? I'm not entirely sure, but I'm feeling irritated, frustrated, upset, and a lot more because I feel I'm slowing down if not halting the progress I've made.

submitted by /u/Gavindude1997
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/rvtlbgz

No comments:

Post a Comment