Monday, May 15, 2023

Social eating has started to scare me

Hey everybody - I’m ( M29) a second time user of lose it. I lost about 70+ pounds the first time and reached my goal . I went from 225- to 155 during 2020.

I stopped tracking and ballooned over two years back to 207lbs. I am super thrilled that since the new year I have reached a weight in the 170’s and have made great progress. I am super aware of my eating issues and I know that I will need to continue logging indefinitely due to my habit of binging things without a thought.

My moms birthday weekend was on Mother’s Day and it turned into two days of Italian restaurants and going out for seafood and snacks etc. I am freaking out because I cannot control myself in a family setting with food. I have a pretty tight deficit that lose it calculated and I’m upset about having to go over . When I prepare my own meals I can budget for things like snacks or sweets , but not at a family style Italian place or with cake and ice cream.

I know that my weight loss is now going to stall for a few days or so and I may even have plateaued which is giving me anxiety.

I wish that splurges like this wouldn’t give me anxiety. I totally get the need to kick back , but I’m so nervous to gain back again that I didn’t even enjoy the food and spent so much time worrying about how much over I went in my calorie limit.

I’m really looking for support because I feel intensely guilty and sad about what I’ve eaten and resent that I couldn’t even enjoy it.

submitted by /u/Dusted_Oceans
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/fjSiGUc

No comments:

Post a Comment