Thursday, May 25, 2023

40 pounds of progress, definitely starting to notice a difference in how I look and feel!

https://imgur.com/a/QjJk9Uu

My highest weight was 265 lbs, the first picture was in March 2022. By March 2023 I was only down to 255 so I really finally buckled down. I cut back to 1500 calories per day (it was extreme at first but now it’s actually around my recommended caloric intake for a 2 pound/week weight loss, which is about what I’ve evened out at). I’m 5’8”. I started by walking daily, and have increased to adding a weekly routine of at-home strength training I’ve created and increase as my body allows. Also and possibly most importantly I’ve given up drinking alcohol entirely. I’ve gotten down to 223 lbs since March and I’m definitely noticing a difference in how I’m looking and feeling! When I put my hands on my hips I notice more of a dip in the waist area where there used to be more fat. I used to have sleep apnea but now I no longer wake up gasping or require a CPAP when I sleep on my back. My chronic back pain has significantly decreased (probably as much from the increased physical activity and stretching as from the weight loss). My old clothes fit me much better and I can buy ever-so-slightly smaller sizes (XL instead of 2X, the smallest sizes in plus sized stores, etc). I still have a long way to go to reach my goal of 160 lbs, but it’s definitely encouraging to see progress! I used to be very sedentary, I thought I could to next to no exercise (which was kind of true- I’d collapse after one push-up), but it’s nice to know that with hard work my abilities can improve. I can’t wait to see what the future brings!

submitted by /u/jennafoo33
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/nmFuB50

No comments:

Post a Comment