Monday, May 15, 2023

Picking the right weight loss system

Any tips on how to pick the right weight loss system? I feel like I've tried so many things including Slimming World, WW, Low Carb, IF (5:2 and 16:8), Cambridge and CICO to name a few. I struggle to stock with a particular programme/lifestyle though.

I have memory and concentration issues due to a brain injury, so I really struggle to remember to note down what I'm eating in things like MFP. It also means something like Intuitive Eating isn't an option because my brain doesn't recognise hunger/fullness cues. The issues get worse when I'm stressed, so sometimes I'll have a great few days of tracking things, then I'll have a busy day, start to feel stressed, and before I know it 10 days have passed and I haven't tracked anything, even though I've had multiple alarm reminders set.

I thought IF might be easier than trying to track calories/points/syns but 5:2 made me really headachy and 16:8 was difficult to keep up with because my shifts change each week.

How do you figure out a system that works for you? I feel like I've failed everything I've tried and I'm so frustrated

Edit to add: I should specify its just food advice I'm looking for - I'm working with a PT on weight training and fitness so I'm happy with the exercise side of things and building muscle should help with fat burning, but I want to focus on the volume of food I'm eating

submitted by /u/lilchunky_lottafunky
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/cTpf45s

No comments:

Post a Comment