Monday, May 15, 2023

Should I seek professional help?

19|F| 154cm| 74 kgs.

TW: MENTION OF ED

 I've been successful in the past with weight loss, losing more than 10 kilograms with intermittent fasting and brisk walking. 

But after a low phase, I stopped all effort to lose weight, gaining all of it back. Now I'm back at my starting weight. I've been trying to lose weight inconsistently for around a year now. It does work out, I do lose around a couple kilograms with a deficit and walking. But after seeing some progress, I turn out to become self destructive and start binge eating, ruining all of the said progress. It has been happening for more than a year now. It's very frustrating to put in the effort and then watch yourself sabotage it all. Although, I'm not sure if it's actually an ED. Should I approach a professional or should I try on my own to lose weight? I've been successful in the past, but I cannot seem to pull myself together now. Could it be related to BED or am I just inconsistent? I'm stuck in an all or nothing cycle. Even if I'm consistent with IF, calorie deficit and walking, if I go off track for just one day, I end up bingeing and giving up .Something I have noticed is, even though there's a food item in front of me and I do not usually like it, if I'm on my binge cycle, I'll end up eating more than necessary amounts of it just because it's high calorie and will absolutely ruin my weight loss efforts. It's very self destructive. Note : I do not eat extreme amounts of food while I binge eat. The amount I eat certainly makes me full to the level of being uncomfortable..But I do not know if it's extreme enough to be called an eating disorder.

submitted by /u/Sea_Pea6230
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/QbdXE15

No comments:

Post a Comment