Thursday, May 18, 2023

Any tips on maintenance? (Potential TW, maybe ED)

I (23 M 6'2 SW246lb CW 175lb) started my weight loss journey about a year ago, cut out all alcohol (my biggest issue leading to weight gain), restricted my calorie intake to about 1500 a day, and got seriously into running and biking. Everything luckily went great. My goal was to get down to 185 as that's what I was all throughout high school and what I considered to be my "healthy" weight. I hit 185 about 3 months ago and was overjoyed and was very excitedly ready to bring everything back up to maintenance but then...I kept going, not intentionally. Bit of backstory, I never had any issues with my weight until college, I was always active and never had a troublesome relationship with food, ironically I spent most of my teenage years trying to bulk up for sports. College starts and now I'm drinking 12+ beers 3 nights a week for 4 years and my closest thing to exercise is cornhole with a beer in my hand. My diet became anything that costs less than 10 dollars a day and didn't require cooking (exclusively fast food and convenience store snacks). I promptly skipped the freshman 15 and went straight to the sophomore 70. Junior year I start tracking my calories and eating healthier thanks to a new job that allowed me to actually compile a shopping list. Of course I didn't factor in the drinking to this equation so the scale didn't budge. (A medical mystery in my mind at the time) I graduate and stop drinking and lower my calorie deficit even farther and the pounds start flying off. I get super into it (probably unhealthily so) everything in life started to fall under the umbrella of how will this impact the scale tomorrow. Which brings me back to now. I've stopped tracking my calories and have told myself I'm fine to eat whatever I want within reason and I do. I don't skip desserts anymore, I'm always game for a pizza night, and if I feel like having a breakfast burrito with every item you can find on a farm stuffed into I'm going to. But the scale keeps going down. I'm now the least I've weighed since I finished growing. Which is a pain as I'm trying to gain back th muscle I lost. Am I still subconsciously making calorie decisions? Should I start tracking again? Just looking if anyone else has struggle starting maintenance and if they have any tips.

submitted by /u/spicycsts
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/vWlVr0X

No comments:

Post a Comment