Tuesday, May 30, 2023

How can I help my partner understand that their weight loss plan is unhealthy?

My partner is starting a weight loss journey due to some health concerns. He is a 5’ 6” male and weighs approximately 225 lbs. His highest weight about a week or two ago was 235ish. He has set his max calories for the day at about 1650, but is eating much lower than this. I asked if he had a minimum he wants to meet and he said 1000. It doesn’t seem like he would be unhappy to eat even less than this though. He doesn’t see an issue with restricting that much and while he knows it isn’t sustainable, he plans to eat this way until it become unsustainable and then change. I tried to explain it’s also about developing a healthy way of living, not to mention the bodies need for diverse nutrients, but he is hyper focused on wanting rapid weight loss

I personally am trying to lose about 15-20 pounds, but am fairly healthy overall. However, I have a history of an ED and can easily go into restrict and binge cycles. I know at the end of the day I need to stay in my own lane, but I hate to see him swing from one unhealthy way of living to another. I got a bit excited to see him taking steps to take care of his health, as I’ve been worried about him, but now I’m worried in a whole new way.

Any suggestions Reddit?

submitted by /u/Apple-Farm
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/MThqdxy

No comments:

Post a Comment