Friday, May 19, 2023

How to resist compulsive eating urges? My current weight loss story feat. months And months of no progress

Hey y'all. I am a male, 6'5", 370lbs. I walk for at least 45 minutes a day, am starting to lift weights, am working on eating nutritious, fulfilling foods, although I have been getting hammered by binge eating habits and compulsive eating behavior for, well, the past 5+ years really. I really just can't figure out how to simply avoid eating unhealthy food late at night. I will have a great day of healthy portions, good foods, and simply ruin my day and progress by giving into my desire to eat more at the end of the day. I even have a therapist that specializes in eating disorders and we haven't quite reached any breakthroughs on this subject (partially my fault?? Idk). It drives me insane, my weight is one of the only things holding me back in this life and I've been in a holding pattern since 2018 since becoming very obese. Please knowledgeable loseit give me your wisdom.

For what it's worth, I am on some prescription medication. It probably has some effects, but I don't really know how that ties into all this.

Lithium bicarbonate

Metformin

Fenofibrate

Vrylar

A little bit of Vyvanse for BED

I'm going to continue to ask my PA and therapist about weight loss, but I also don't just want drugs to solve my problem....

Tldr: where do I even begin to tackle my bad eating habits? How do I avoid succumbing to compulsive eating behavior? Thank you for reading.

submitted by /u/DubC-Ent
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/OoCqU7a

No comments:

Post a Comment