Monday, May 15, 2023

Surgery Today

So today was my surgery to get the excess skin left over from my weight loss removed. It went pretty well in my opinion. My stomach is actually smooth looking now, though I'm going to swell for a bit. I am looking like somebody decided to gut me for giggles... lol. The whole having new a belly button is fascinating.

It was a very emotional day too. I have struggled with my weight since childhood, and though I made peace with it, it still lingered in the back of my head. I am 44m, and it took me this long to realize that while the world presents a ton of obstacles to losing weight (pastries are a particular temptation for me), the biggest obstacle was me. I'm too stressed, the day was hard, I'm too tired to cook, and my favorite, I'll look sickly if I lose that much weight. I mention this because that was my favorite escape hatch for making changes in my lifestyle.

I have my wife to thank for getting me motivated. She stood beside me as I quit smoking, slapping my hands when I commented on a passing cigar smell. Negative reinforcement she calls it. She was there through every stressful day. She has been my guiding light and drill instructor.

To everyone who is struggling.... You got this!!! To all of their supporters... Thank you!!!

Thank you, my love! You'll always be my shining star. I love you, Mongoose.

submitted by /u/Cerebus_of_Fenris
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/xdXVYkv

No comments:

Post a Comment