Monday, May 29, 2023

Nothing is more discouraging then sorting through your closet and finding all the stuff that doesn’t fit anymore.

Hey y’all! This is my new weight loss account because I didn’t want to clog up my feed on my other account with weight loss content lol. Plus I need a place where I can go all in. I’ve lurked/lightly participated in this sub on other accounts and look forward to diving deeper.

Anyway, Im currently at the very beginning of my weight loss journey. I’ve attempted off and on for several years, but I recently hit my highest recorded weight (238 lbs - I’m 5’4 and 24 yrs) and felt galvanized to change. I’ve been trying to reduce my caloric consumption and increase my intake.

Today I undertook a long overdue closet cleanout, as I will be donating many of the items to a clothing swap that is being hosted at my workplace. For context, I love clothes and fashion, particularly anything vintage/thrifted or anything I can rescue from clearance and make fun again lol.

As I sorted through the items, I started to get sad at all the items that I had outgrown, or items I had ordered from online secondhand shops that I thought would be so cute but didn’t fit, or things that technically fit but made my stomach or arms stick out in unflattering ways so I stopped wearing them. There were so many cute items that I wanted to keep but wouldn’t even zip up. It was a particular blow when I tried on one pair of pants that, at one time, only got when I was at a higher weight -except not they wouldn’t even go up my thighs.

The final and fatal blow to my mood and self image was when I found a top that was too small, but I wasn’t sure if it was worth saving for future weight loss (I wasn’t sure if it was my style). I brought it out to my brother, who knew I was donating clothes, and before I could even say anything he said “it looks too small - get rid of it.”

I looked at the tag and it was a large, and I was crushed. Do I really look that fat now? I immediately felt humiliated. I guess it can serve as motivation though. One day I’ll be able to fit into that damn top.

submitted by /u/myweightlossaccnt
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/xWQ0KJT

No comments:

Post a Comment