Thursday, May 11, 2023

Exercise, breathing rate, and weight loss - how does it work?

Looking for the physicians/scientists out there!

As far as I understand, when you “restrict” calories and increase movement, you’re basically peeing, sweating, and breathing out the weight. Is this correct?

And if that’s correct, is your breathing rate one of the mechanisms of weight loss caused by exercise? As in, if you go on a vigorous walk that has you huffing and puffing, are you “losing weight”?

And how does temperature affect weight loss? If I were to maintain the exact same calorie deficit and activity level for a week in the tropics where I would sweat every day vs the Arctic, where would my weight loss be greater if all else was equal?

Finally, if I jiggle my leg at my desk for an hour, would that increase my metabolism? I’m moving more but it’s not affecting my breathing rate.

Suddenly the science of weight loss is fascinating me!

submitted by /u/Carma-Lex
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2LhSUwR

No comments:

Post a Comment