Sunday, May 14, 2023

The little things

TDLR; I bought some Nike sweatpants a couple of years ago that were pretty tight on me then. I put them on this morning for the first time in probably six months and they are so baggy. I’m one happy girl today. I also went down a size in jeans :). My weight loss journey has been a very tough one but I did it.

I’ll start by saying that I’m in the army. If anyone here is in the military then you know how it is with body image and stuff. Just wanted to share my backstory because it’s important to me.

Three years ago I was getting ready to ship to basic training, 21 years old in the best place mentally I have ever been. I was 130lbs and so eager to start my new life. I gained about 15lbs during my basic training and everyone kept saying “it’s just muscle” no it wasn’t because muscle doesn’t come on that fast & my uniforms were getting tighter and not in a good way. Fast forward to the end of my job training and they call us to do a “practice” height and weight. 167lbs. I didn’t necessarily hate the way that I looked but I wasn’t necessarily happy.

I moved to Korea for 13 months, and the first 3-4 I spent trying to lose weight. Nothing was helping me and I couldn’t get past 165lbs. At some point I started making friends and was drinking very heavily. Getting drunk basically every night of the week. I don’t know how I didn’t notice all the weight I was gaining but I guess I didn’t care. In October of 2021 I had to do an official height and weight. 206lbs. Y’all I gained 40-45lbs in the span of a year. I had to lose 49lbs to “meet the standard”.

Well, it took me 19 months to do it, but I did it. Last week I hit my “army standard” weight and I feel on top of the world. At the end of 2021 any sort of positive self image I had of myself completely died because I realized how bad I actually got.

Today, I am 154lbs. I feel great in my body. My clothes fit the way I want them to. Old clothes that I squeezed on in 2021 actually fit correctly now. I still have one more goal to hit before I’m done with my weight loss but I did it. Slow and steady really wins the race.

I’m so incredibly proud of myself. I did this completely by myself with no help from anyone which makes me prouder. It was a hard and especially mentally challenging process.

submitted by /u/saladsIoth
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/8HFGZ0X

No comments:

Post a Comment