Sunday, May 14, 2023

Need input from short women who have lost weight through diet and exercise alone

This is probably more of a rant but what are some tips/tricks that worked for you to lose weight and maintain without having to eat like a toddler?

As a “petite” woman the weight loss struggle is real. I’m 5’2, over 35, and have been trying to lose the covid weight these past two years with no luck. At my highest I got to 196, currently 180 and the scale hasn’t budged in a year. I track through my fitness pal, weigh and measure almost all of my food, and work out 4-6 days a week.

Per the tdee calculator my maintenance calories are 1966 and cutting calories 1466. I set it at “light exercise” even though I work out a lot because I don’t want to be overestimating how much I can eat. I tend to stick to 1500-1800 cals because of how much I work out. Sticking to less than 1500 cals results in me getting so hungry that I binge eat. I track meticulously with the only days that are “off” being days we go to a family party or eat out at restaurants since it’s hard to track those calories accurately. We have family parties approx 1x a month and eat out 1-2xs a week.

I do 1.5-2hr intense cardio 1 day a week- 60 min spin class plus 30-60 mins elliptical/treadmill combo. 2 days a week-45-60min walk. 3 days a week- less intense 30 min cycling session and 30 mins weight/strength training.

I had a personal trainer for over 1yr. Saw a registered dietitian for over 1yr. Hypothyroidism and insulin resistant

I’m worried that as menopause gets closer it’ll all be over for me. I’m absolutely not interested in weight loss surgery but am so frustrated I’m considering asking my doctor for the weight loss injections that are all the rage right now. However, I want a long term sustainable solution and I’ve heard you will gain all the weight back and then some of you stop taking the injections. Plus there aren’t any long-term studies about whether they will remain effective years down the line.

If anyone has similar stories/wants to rant/ has something that has worked, please share!

Edit to clarify: I know eating out can add a lot of calories but I did discuss this with my dietician. When I eat out I always cut my portions in half and add veggies. I also don’t regularly eat out 2xs a week. The 1x a week I do regularly eat out is after spin class. It’s a chipotle burrito bowl and per the online nutrition calculator comes out to a 325 calorie meal.

submitted by /u/MeliMelyMel
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/wpu1Wdc

No comments:

Post a Comment