Friday, May 12, 2023

Small victory for man but a giant small victory for me today after an 85 LBS weight loss. I wear a size M now and even those clothes can be a bit baggy.

I began my weight loss journey last year at 261 lbs and weighted yesterday at 175 lbs (15 away from my goal weight). Since I’ve lost 40 lbs in the past 4 months none of my clothes fit and I’ve wearing ridiculously large clothes around everyday. Even the clothes that I had bought with the intention of wearing once I lose weight have become way too baggy for me. My mom therefore decided she would treat me to some new close (I’m in college and i’m often short on the money).

Last time 4 months ago I went to this shop I had already lost a bit of weight but was still in the obese category. I thought I would fit in much smaller clothes but to my disappointment the xl clothes were barely big enough for me. Psychologically it was a humiliation but I took it as a motivation to lose the weight, get fitter and healthier.

Since that day I got back into cycling and accomplished my goal of riding a 100 miles in one ride, and I cycled multiple 100 km rides. My cardiovascular fitness has improved so much on the bike, It’s much easier to go uphil and I can easily maintain a pace I formerly thought as hard for a longg time.

Today I went back to the clothing shop for some new clothes for the summer and tried large size clothes which would be an improvement from the last trip. To my surprise they were too large I had to try a size down. The size M is my default size now, I was obese my whole life I never thought I would lose this much weight. When I look at myself in the mirror I don’t see a difference and sometimes lose morale but everyone around me notices. Today’s experience proved to me I truly lost weight and it’s not just my loved ones flattering me.

submitted by /u/Humbleronaldo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/auDBw09

No comments:

Post a Comment