Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Starting Ozempic for Type 2 Diabetes - Anyone here taken it and been able to get off Insulin and Metformin?

I'm in the approval process for Ozempic and through research, found that it should get approved for coverage through my insurance due to being a diabetic for 12 years and rarely at goal (A1C under 7.0). Furthermore, I'm about 100 pounds overweight, so the added benefits of weight loss, my doc said could eliminate the need altogether of insulin AND metformin over time. I'm currently taking 80 units of long acting insulin once a day and 2,000 mg of Metformin per day (max dose). I have not yet added a regular insulin dose at mealtime, but that's next if Ozempic doesn't work for me.

I would really like to hear from anyone who has had success of losing enough weight and having Ozempic manage their insulin production to the point of getting off all diabetic meds (insulin and metformin). Anyone out there or is it all still so new?

submitted by /u/julzellis
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/m56A1fS

No comments:

Post a Comment