Thursday, May 11, 2023

Got the sweetest comment today on my weight loss

So I’m a high school teacher; sometimes it seems like every adult around me has commented on my weight loss- “Stop losing weight!”, “You’re too skinny, you need to stop!”, “You’re making us look bad,” etc etc (note: I’m not too skinny, it’s just the norm for people around here to be a bit chubby).

At times, it felt like my teenage students were the only respectful ones in school, as they never comment anything other than “You look very pretty today, Miss!” when I wear make up (not often) or if I have a new blouse.

Then today one of the math teachers, a nice older lady that I’ve never interacted much with, comes to line up behind me as we wait our turn for the only staff restroom in the building (😅).

She: You look like you’ve lost weight. Me: Yes, I have. She: Was it on purpose? Me: Yes, yes, it was. She: Oh, then good job, you look great! 🙂 Me: Oh thank you! 😊 thank you!

Then it was my turn to the restroom and then to rush to class.

But I feel that it was so sweet of her to ask that- no one else has asked me that, ever. “Was it on purpose?” She looked vaguely worried when she asked that, as if she was ready to help someway somehow if it wasn’t on purpose.

And idk, I know it’s not a big deal or a NSV or anything, but I wanted to share.

submitted by /u/Skadi_8922
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3IJVeFX

No comments:

Post a Comment