Saturday, May 13, 2023

How do you deal with that person in your household who keeps offering you sweets?

(Sorry for the throwaway account. My friend I'm about to talk of knows my main so don't want to use it.)

I have previously lost 66lbs so I had experience; but since i moved here my progress completely halted. Eventually i realized it's because of my roommates habits rubbing off on me; hard to stay on track if there is snacks in every corner of the house. I have started again and been on a diet since February, a little over halfway to my new goal of 56lbs to loose. So I'm progressing but it is being made very difficult, especially for this last stretch.

My roommate is a nice person otherwise, but he is also very clueless. He keeps offering me his snacks (chips, chocolate, donuts), brings home cake just for me, brings me his mom's cooking (absolute carb bombs); when i felt sad about something his idea to cheer me up was to order me a pizza; and I keep telling him to please don't, I'm actually trying to watch what i eat. He says sorry and he won't again, but it just keeps happening anyway.

He also keeps trying to explain me how I'm doing my diet wrong; i should eat what i want and just exercise my weight off, or i'm doing squats wrong, or i should stop drinking diet drinks because they make people fat. Even though he is completely sedentary, has never worked out, has always been obese. The living manifestation of that "amateur" meme.

He does not believe in counting calories either and makes sure to tell me each time i use the scale to weigh my food or when i read my labels.

I'm just so tired. I thought I can just ignore him, but every time he offers food or tries to explain me how to diet better, i get more and more irritated. I'm worried I will blow up on him one day over this. I don't want to, at the moment i just don't know how to communicate better with him.

I know this isn't strictly diet or exercise related, it's more about the mental health/relationships around weight loss, but not sure where else to even ask.

Have any of you dealt with this? Any advice?

submitted by /u/MyCatLikesCinnabons
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3qm6jBZ

No comments:

Post a Comment