Saturday, August 5, 2023

248 to 195 and BP is back to normal

43F, 5’5”. I got serious about counting calories in January and as the title indicates, it’s been working. I feel so much better - 53 pounds off my frame is huge, and my blood pressure went down 20 points. My doctor is very happy with my weight loss and wants me to keep going. I intend to, and my goal weight is somewhere in the 120-130ish range. We’ll see when we get there.

I’ve been inspired by a few posts lately from people who started their journey at the same time as me, and it motivated me to post my own progress.

What worked for me was taking a magnifying glass to my diet. I injured a tendon while on a treadmill and had to stop working out for a while. Exercise wasn’t helping me lose weight anyway. So I started following this sub and really counting my calories to maintain a deficit based on my TDEE. I’m not hungry in the morning so my first meal is usually lunch, and I try not to snack between meals. My ‘trick’ is to drink water if I get a food craving and have ‘treat meals’ planned in advance so I can look forward to them (helps me to maintain discipline in the moment if I can countdown to something decadent and delicious).

Big shout out to everyone in this community for being so positive and working to better yourself and each other. I am inspired by you every day.

submitted by /u/Kokojijo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/OIlh04k

No comments:

Post a Comment