Monday, August 7, 2023

Do you feel stuck? Try switching up your eating patterns!

Hey all,

It's been a while since I've posted my initial weight loss. I had a back injury at work that screwed up my progress and limited my ability to lift. It also prompted my BED to return, so I've kinda been fighting that. I ended up gaining about ~50lb or so, but I'm back down to the 230s, which isn't bad for someone of my muscle mass and overall height. Still cutting, though. Will likely stop around 220 before bulking again.

However!

I wanted to post what I've been doing lately that's really led to some good success and overall mental health regarding food.

I started doing a IF variant that is more focused on high days and low days.

On a 2000cal diet, you're going to be getting approximately 14,000cal a week. As such, at the end of the week, when you weight yourself, you're going to come in at your TDEE minus 14,000cal worth of fat. If you're shooting for a 500cal deficit, that should be about 1lb/week loss.

My big thing is, I'm a volume eater. Always have been, I've tried moderating portion sizes to "train my stomach" to be full, but no matter what, it just doesn't cut it. So, lately, I've mixed up my days for some to be high and some to be low.

Right now, on some days, I eat 600cal. And on others, I eat 3000cal. Sounds extreme but like all diets, after a couple weeks, it feels largely normal, and it's been successful. LoseIt actually has a setting to do this exact thing. If I do the math, 4 days at 3000cal and 3 days at 600cal come to 13,800cal for the week. I could bump that to 660cal on the low days, but this gives me a little wiggle room.

This has proven to be effective for me, healthy, and allows me to enjoy my days of higher calories. My currently split is:

M - 600cal

T - 3,000cal

W - 600cal

Th - 3000cal

Fri - Anime night. Usually ends up more than 3k for the day

Sat - 600cal

Sun - 3000cal.

I'd suggest giving it, or a variant of it, a try if you're growing tired of the same 2k calories every day. This is a marathon, not a sprint, you can experiment and find what works best for you!

submitted by /u/Artist_X
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/OIwejHK

No comments:

Post a Comment